Our Claims Department are responsible for registering, validating and paying out claims as efficiently as possible, ensuring that clients receive their sums assured timeously. Claims are received via various mediums including fax, email, hand deliveries and face-to-face ‘walk-ins’. The Claims Department processes funeral, airtime and value-added plan claims. The department constantly strives to beat the expectations of paying claims within 24 hours of receiving all required documentation.
To lodge a claim, you will need to complete an MHA Claim Form and submit all the required documents as stipulated.
The Claim Form and required documentation can be scanned and emailed to email@example.com or faxed to 0861 001 788. Once we have received the claim, you will receive an SMS letting you know that your claim will now be processed. You will continue to receive SMS communication about the status of your claim throughout the process.
GATHER SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS
Please make sure that all of the following supporting documents accompany your claim:
• A clear certified copy of the claimant/beneficiary’s identity document
• A clear certified copy of the deceased’s identity document
• A clear certified copy of the deceased’s death certificate
• A clear copy of the BI1663 form
• Proof of banking details, i.e. bank statement
• Most recent salary slip of the claimant
• Police report. (This applies in the event of unnatural death)
Other documents may be required from the Comrade depending on the nature of the claim possibly including a Marriage Certificate/Decree of Divorce and Letter of Authority, deceased profile.
NOTICE: Only once you have received a claim reference number has the claim been lodged in our system
Let us call you back.